Tasty peppers with mince
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Four peppers, any colour
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons tomato puree
1 can of tomatoes
1 tablespoon of worcester sauce
Since you'll be chopping and using the cooker, you'll need to ask an adult to help out while making this recipe.
1. Ask a grown up to chop the onions and the garlic, then ask them to halve the peppers and remove the stalks and seeds.
2. Soften the peppers in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan using a medium heat. Add the onions and cook them for about 5 minutes until they go soft and squidgy. Add the garlic and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring every now and then.
4. Add the 500g of lean minced beef to the pan, break it up and cook it until it has turned brown.
5. Add the tomato puree, can of tomatoes and worcester sauce and cook for another 15 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
7. Place the pepper halves on a baking tray and fill with the mince.
8. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.