Friday Facts: International Captains
Gary Cahill pulled on the captain's armband as England faced Germany on Wednesday night, but he is not the only Blues star to lead their country.
Here are five of my favourite facts about Chelsea stars who have been international captains!
1. Six of Chelsea's current squad have captained their country at full international level: Asmir Begovic, Cesc Fabregas, Eden Hazard, Gary Cahill, John Terry and David Luiz
2. Hazard scored a penalty in his first game as Belgium captain, helping his side to a 4-3 friendly win over France.
3. John Terry skippered England 34 times in 72 appearances, putting him sixth in the all-time table of England captains.
4. Cahill led England to a 2-0 win in his first ever game as captain.
5. David Luiz also kept a clean sheet, as he led Brazil to a 1-0 win over South Africa in his first ever appearance as an international captain.